Thursday 18 July 2013

What's In My Beach Bag?! ☀

Summertime is my favourite time of the year (besides Christmas of course)- the heat, no school, tooooons of time to shop....it's just perfect in my opinion. And one of my favourite things to do during summer is visit the beach! Now, I'll be honest and tell you that I am not the world's greatest swimmer, or even close to being that. I tend to stick to tanning and shopping when I'm at the beach but in my opinion that's just as much fun as swimming. So today's post is all about what I pack in my beach bag, and hopefully you guys will be inspired to bring any of the following items I mention! Oh and the things that I list aren't in any particular order...

First of all, I'd just thought you guys should see my beach bag: it's this super cute bag that my older sister gave to me a few years ago (sorry, I have no idea where it's from!). Sadly, the zipper on it is broken so I am currently on the hunt for a new bag. If you guys have any suggestions don't be afraid to tweet me or comment below! 

1. Moisturizer
Since you're going to be swimming and in the sun all day, you're going to want to keep your skin hydrated and looking amazing. I always carry my Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion with me, it is like my saviour! I heard that having moisturized skin can also help keep a tan longer, but I haven't really proven that myself.

2. Sanitizer
I saw Stephanie Mota (macbarbie07)'s beach bag video and saw that she brought along her little hand sanitizers from Bath & Body Works and thought that that was such a good idea! It's smart to just bring sanitizer wherever you go, I have some in my room, one in my backpack, one in my purse, and one in my beach bag. The reason for carrying it is pretty obvious, you're out in public and especially when you've been shopping you're going to want to have clean hands!

3. Towel 
This is an obvious must have- it's super smart to bring a towel along so you can dry yourself off after swimming, and also to lay on when you're tanning. I usually get my towels from Target because they're really cheap!

4. Sunglasses
Another one of my saviours- I have extremely sensitive eyes so I always bring a pair with me so I'm not blinded. But unfortunately I always end up sitting on my sunglasses at some point...Oops. My favourite ones are from Forever 21- they're cute and cheap, so they're easy to replace when I need another pair.

5. Sunscreen + Aloe Vera Gel
Being outside all day= protecting your skin. I am always so tempted to skip the sunscreen so I can tan, but then I think about how I want to be healthy on the inside and out, but I usually end up forgetting to reapply it after a little while, so that's where the Aloe Vera comes in. I have been loving the sunscreen and aloe vera gel that Avon sent me a couple months ago!

6. iPod
When I'm tanning, I love to listen to the waves. But when there are too many people around and all I can hear is their conversations, I like to stick in my headphones and listen to some music.

7. Bikini + Extra Clothes
Again, another obvious must have that I really don't need to explain. I like to pack a sundress for after swimming/tanning because that's when I usually go around shopping and I want to look really cute when I do!

Hope you guys liked this post! I'd love to know what you guys bring along to the beach!

xx Mandy   

No comments:

Post a Comment