Tuesday 27 November 2012

Current Daily Cosmetics Reviews

So, if you didn't already see it when I posted it on Sunday, I finally decided to start my Youtube channel. I think I have maybe 5 views so far? But it doesn't matter, I'm more focused on the blog at the moment.

...I am such an awkward person.

Anyways, I wanted to make this post about the products that I mentioned in this video. This time I'll be a little more in depth. I already wrote up a review on the Master Precise Eye Liner, which you can view HERE. 

              Lashblast Fusion Mascara from Covergirl
So like I mentioned in the video, I only bought this because I had a $2 off any Covergirl mascara coupon and was in great need of some new mascara. Honestly, it was the purple bottle that caught my attention. I went with the water resistant stuff because I somehow always get caught in the rain, so I wanted something that wouldn't run when wet. Compared to the last Covergirl mascara I used, which was part of their Professional collection, this is a great mascara. I do feel like there are better ones that can give you more voluminous lashes, but I was completely satisfied with how this does not cause clumping. My big goal is to find a mascara that lengthens, volumizes, and does not clump... How hard can that be?

 Almay i-Intense Eyeshadow (for blue eyes)
This eyeshadow trio contains, well, obviously, 3 colours: a beige, a brown, and a copper. Now, some of you may think that if you have blue eyes, you must use blue shades in terms of eyeshadow. However, in order to really make your eyes stand out, using different shades of brown or gold would be your best choices. Imagine someone in a bright outfit, standing infront of a bright backdrop. Their outfit wouldn't stand out because the backdrop doesn't allow the colours to pop. But imagine someone wearing a bright outfit while standing infront of a black backdrop. Your attention immediately goes to the outfit, not the backdrop. The same thing happens when you have a lighter eye colour and use a darker eyeshadow. These eyeshadows are amazing and I am definitely going to purchase this set again in the near future. They really help make your blue eyes stand out and seem brighter than normal.





Rimmel London Glam Eyes Eyeshadow in Dusk
Definitely one of my favourite eyeshadows. This shade seems like it is dark, but it is much lighter than it appears. It is extremely cheap (I think maybe around $3) and is going to be something I will be repurchasing for a while. I love to use the copper shade from the i-intense trio on my lid and use this eyeshadow in my crease. It makes my eyes look super bright!

Covergirl Natureluxe Silk Foundation
Even though I have not tried any other foundation, this product is amaaaaazing! It literally feels as if you aren't wearing it, so no cracking or feeling as if you just got botox. It was $18, but compared to other foundations I have seen, it is well priced and worth the money. I highly recommend this for those who are sensitive to face makeup because of how light and thin it is. You don't even really need a foundation brush for blending this in, using your fingers is enough! A little goes a long way, too.  








xx Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment